Tuesday, March 17, 2009

1989 Topps Major League Debut #4: Kent Anderson



Kent Anderson

PHOTO: Wow, this is a great shot! I'm not so sure about Anderson's bunting technique, but I like that we can see the positioning of both of his hands so clearly, including the two-fingered approach he's going with. The away Angels uniform also has colors matching the red-and-gray color theme used for this set, so overall this is a beautiful card.

STAT: Anderson had 15 extra-base hits in his career but did manage to get 2 in one game, a 4-0 victory for the Angels. The winning pitcher in that game? Jim Abbott.

CAREER: 1/10

Anderson didn't hit much in the minors but did manage a .308 BA and 115 OPS+ over 49 games in 1990 with the Angels. Sadly he never made it back to the majors after 3 unimpressive years in the minors in 1991-1993.

Kent is the brother of former major-leaguer Mike Anderson.

1 comment:

  1. I just want to say, for the record, that I LOVED this design as a kid. I'm not ashamed to admit it. I thought the rainbow pixelation was totally rad and I thought wow, Topps has made a modern looking card. I STILL like 'em.

    ReplyDelete