Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Poll to determine Mike Fetters contest winner

There were a lot of funny entries for the Mike Fetters contest and I have picked my favorites. Please vote in the poll below. The author getting the most votes wins the prize.

MMayes entered:

"Dear 1972 Mike:

Things are going good now that you're 8. You've got a cool little glove here. Hang in there, even though things might get tough and you might get tempted to quit baseball for girls. You're going to make it as a big leaguer and have a long career, so don't let the girls distract you (except for Jenny Griggs in 1984...she'll be worth it).

Best wishes

1990 Mike"


RoofGod entered:

On lineup card:

"1B Ben Dover"


metsthoughts entered:

Dear photographer,
Sorry for stepping on your nuts.
Mike Fetters


D a V e entered:

Dear Diary,

I have a new best friend, his name is Devo. That is short for Devon White. He is such an Angel - that's it... a movie! Angels in the outfield. Must pitch movie idea to Disney tomorrow. Secondly must pitch tomorrow.
Remember Mike, I deserve good things, I am entitled to my share of happiness. I refuse to beat myself up. I am an attractive person. I am fun to be with. I am Mike Fetters.




Just about all of the entries made me laugh, with the exception of dayf's because I really hate Naked Gun and other movies of that genre. (Nothing personal, dayf!)

I liked RoofGod's entry because of the idea of writing on a lineup card, and metsthoughts' entry because it took into account where the photographer was when taking Fetters' photo.

Anyway, here is the poll. You vote, and somebody wins.

10 comments:

  1. I actually thought that mine was the funniest, and the others were pretty lame. Not a good reflection on my sense of humor I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To tell you the truth, I thought yours was very funny too...made me chuckle 3 or 4 times when I've re-read it. I just didn't find it clever enough to include in the poll. Sorry man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tom, I thought it was pretty good. The sad thing is, I've heard of ballplayers (George Brett, cough, cough) that have done stuff like that before.

    Andy, I'm honored just to be nominated and glad that channeling Marty McFly didn't put me in dayf's corner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. MMayes is way better than mine - good job man!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm honored, too! If I win, I promise to split the proceeds with Mr. Fetters. =)

    Thanks for the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The poll is set to run for another day or two, but I don't think anybody is going to catch Mmayes--not unless you tell your friends to visit the blog and vote for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. would that be wrong? hehe...

    anything for 2nd place? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That wouldn't be wrong...go ahead and invite people to read my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. is this contest over yet? =)

    ReplyDelete