Wednesday, April 15, 2009

1989 Topps Major League Debut #45: Tommy Greene



Tommy Greene

PHOTO: This is the cleanest-cut look I have ever seen Greene sport, yet he also looks about 40 years old in this photo, when he was actually about 22.

Greene was a thrown-in in the Dale Murphy trade and was huge for the 1993 Phillies.

STAT: Greene is one of just 9 guys to issue at least 7 walks in a no-hitter.

CAREER: 3/10

Greene had one very good year with the Phillies in 1993. It wasn't as good as his 16-4 record indicates and he also pitched poorly in the post-season that year.

The above-mentioned no-hitter was caught by Darren Fletcher, as mentioned by a commenter.

3 comments:

  1. I believe this woman taught gym at my school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I read your comment, I was standing at a Panera Bread waiting for my order. I laughed so hard that not one, but two mothers standing by moved their children away from me since I was clearly some sort of deranged weirdo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In their defense, those children are our future.

    ReplyDelete