Monday, June 8, 2009

1989 Topps Major League Debut #123: Phil Stephenson



Phil Stephenson

PHOTO: I'm trying to figure out what the knob of his bat says. It has the number 11, which was Stephenson's uniform number. The writing underneath looks sort of like the number "2430" but even if so, I don't know what that means.

STAT: Stephenson had 1 leadoff plate appearance in his career, coming in this game. I don't understand why Jack McKeon would ever have made that decision, except that Stephenson was decent at drawing walks (although his overall OBP was not particularly good.)

ANAGRAM: Phil Stephenson = Intense plop....shh!

CAREER: 1/10

Just 351 plate appearances over parts of 4 seasons.

2 comments:

  1. I feel like his mustache is talking to me...I'd tell you what it's saying, but I don't speak mustache.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a mustache? I thought that was a small dog...

    ReplyDelete