Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Life intercedes

I rarely travel for work but today I am visiting clients off-site so I'm going to skip Shopped Cards for today. I have a nice one for tomorrow planned, though.

With regards to the future of this blog, I am going to go forward with the 100-card 1990 Upper Deck High Number series. Each post will feature 4 cards and a poll to elect the best of the group. That will leave 25 cards. Each card will be assigned to a reader through a random drawing, and then your cards will be pitted against each other in subsequent polls. You will get the chance to argue for the merits of your card. The reader assigned to the ultimate winning card wins the whole set.

8 comments:

  1. I like it. Although I hope I don't have to argue for the merits of a Giant/Yankee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came up with a great system for how to assign cards. I'm going to order them by some indisputable fashion--for example I could put them in reverse numerical order--and then have the readers pick numbers from 1 to 25 until all 25 have been assigned. Then I'll reveal the way I ordered them. If you get stuck with a Yankee or Giant, it's not the end of the world. You could argue on the merits of the design, photograph, etc. It's not just the player that determines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Andy - looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely man, I'd be all for that!

    ReplyDelete