Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Get your own Mike Schmidt rookie card

Want this beautiful card? Check it out and read below:



This is a card from a special 2006 Topps set that produced new rookie cards of classic players. Schmidt didn't have his own rookie card in the 1973 Topps set, instead sharing a Rookie Third Basemen card with Ron Cey and John Hilton.

So Topps issued this card in the 1973 design, but this time giving Schmidt his very own card.



Interestingly, the card number 615 is the same number as the original 1973 card featuring all three players.

A while back, I picked up a whole bunch of copies of this card. Want your own? You can get it from me in 3 ways:

1) Send me a SASE with whatever protective case you want to use (if any) and I'll send you a card back using that case.

2) Mail me ANY relic card (i.e. any jersey or bat card) as long as it's a MLB player and I'll mail you one of these back. No SASE or case needed, but please reasonably good condition.

3) If you have a sports card (or just sports) blog, write about this blog, Traded Sets, on there, email me the link and your mailing address, and I'll send you a card. Anybody who has written about this site is the past can get one too...just send me the link.

To choose any of these options, email me at 88topps at gmail dot com.

3 comments:

  1. Too bad you don't have the Ron Cey card from this set. I need that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From this same 2006 set? Or do you mean the original 1973 card? (link if you mean 2006)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, I think I've got it confused with a 2003 set. This the card I meant:

    http://beta.beckett.com/item/4713129/Baseball-Card/Collection/2003-Topps-Shoebox-56-Ron-Cey/?tab=Price

    ReplyDelete